The Depot – our recently completed intergenerational scheme – was awarded Best Private Development at the annual Northern Housing Awards, 2023.
David Chilton, Rowlinson’s managing director, said: “This win is a great accolade. We’re delighted on behalf of our team, the partners and the many others who were involved in delivering The Depot.”
The judges commented that the scheme is an ‘excellent example of sustainable development’ whilst recognising that generations can mix freely and adapt their existing space to meet their changing needs.
The Depot is a development for all, featuring:
• 92 one-and-two-bedroom apartments across four low rise blocks
• 72 social rent Extra-Care apartments at Elmswood Park for people aged 55 and over, with a bistro, hairdresser, communal indoor and outdoor space plus the options for additional individual support
• 54 spacious family homes with modern open-plan interiors
• 45 private rented apartments, including 5 for ‘step down care’
• 40 apartments for over 55s, designed with HAPPI principles in place
Rowlinson is the scheme developer, and worked with Buttress Architects, Mosscare St Vincent’s and Rise Homes in the delivery of the development.
The Northern Housing Awards were held in Manchester on 2 May 2023.
For more information please call 0161 960 0033 or contact us using this form